After-hours programmes could be the cure for SA's matric woes

dailymaverick.co.za

- dailymaverick.co.za | 2 months ago

Currently, South Africa’s top 200 (3%) of high schools (former whites-only schools) outperform the remaining 6,476 (97%) ( Spaull , 2019).

For this reason, it is curious that the 2018 matric pass rate was reported to be 78. 2% by the Department of Basic Education (DBE).

Even more curious is how the figure was contested by the Democratic Alliance and the Economic Freedom Fighters who said it was at 37.

read full story @dailymaverick.co.za